After a 6 month blog-sabbatical I’m back featuring Mim-Pi this time: because this year the Dutch brand celebrates its 15 years’ existence!
It all started when Eleonora Nieuwhuizen went backpacking south after college. Overseas she discovered all kinds of fashionable stuff and when 6000 pairs of earrings returned with her, she was sold out in no time! With her nack for business, she went back only to establish a network and upon return in the Netherlands, she started with 3 shops. In women’s clothing. The thought of a kidsfashion line dawned upon her when she got her own kids. The rest is history.
Me, not being a mother and all, discovered the brand through my sister, when she was pregnant from my oldest niece, who will turn out 9 this year. To me, this kidsfashion brand screams fun, joy and happiness every season. Created by open-minded, broadsided and happy people with a true passion for the things they do!
Take a look at Summer 2016 according to Eleonora and her team:
Random facts about Eleonara and the brand:
- mother of 2, a boy and a girl
- gets inspiration from literally everything and everyone
- although Harajuku girls are one of her sweetest inspirations, in setting the trend and all
- creating a boy’s line is not her thing
- whereas charity is
- thinks green and sustainable
- clothing is ecologically manufactured in India
- member of Made-By
Photo and Audio credits: Mim-Pi